Enhance your skills with Fellowships in your Specialty / Sub-speciality
In recent times medical field has evolved greatly, thus being updated and continued learning is important for professional growth in one’s career. With evolution of medicine many specialties, sub-specialties have come into existence, some of the well-known specialties are Cardiology, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Urology etc.
Leading hospitals have established curriculum for their Physicians to keep them updated with latest searchings and technological advancement in the respective field. These programs are usually between 3 months to a year long affair, conducted to learn specific procedures and treatment methods. Many Hospitals have collaborated with foreign setups for providing best quality training programmes to their staff like INDUSEM: Indo-US Emergency & Trauma Collaborative is an academic effort by Indian and US distinguished universities to foster Medicine.
In these centers of excellence, doctors also get to interact with patients with variety of rare diagnoses, which adds to their skill of having just the right approach while treating the patient. Working as assistant to program leader will only prove beneficial to you, since they are equipped with years of skilled surgery and knowledge. This learning along with practice helps the physicians to excel in their areas of specialization.
Some of the post doctorate programs in India & Abroad are as follows:
Stroke advanced programmes:
- Fellowship in Stroke Neurology – McMaster University Canada, University of Ottawa,
- Vascular Neurology/Stroke Fellowship – University of Texas Medical School at Houston, USA.
- Fellow Interventional Neuroradiology/Neuroendovascular Intervention – University Hospital Zürich, Switzerland.
Cardiac advanced programmes:
- Fellowship in Electrophysiology – National Heart Institute, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology – SAHMRI, Australia
- Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology – Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore and Max Superspeciality, Delhi.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Clinical Cardiology (PGDCC) – IGNOU, India
Spine advanced programmes:
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery- Montreal Canada
- Spine Fellowship – Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
- Spine Fellowship- PD Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai and St George Hospital, Sydney.
Critical Care / Anaesthesiology advanced programmes:
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, ( FRCA ) – UK
- European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine ( EDIC ) – UK
- IFCCM & IDCCM: Indian Society of Critical care medicine offers diploma, fellowships in critical care. – India
Surgery advanced programmes:
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons ( FRCS )- Edinburgh, UK.
- Fundamental Skills of Robotic Surgery ( FSRS ) Buffalo, NY.
- RCPSC ( Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada), CFPC ( College of Family Physicians of Canada) are very well known institutions running world class Fellowship programme in Gastroenterology.
Orthopaedic advanced programmes:
- Fellowship in Arthroscopy & Joint Replacement Surgery – Toronto Canada
Gynaecology advanced programmes:
- Members of Royal College of Obstetricians Gynaecologists ( MRCOG ) – UK
- Certificate of completion of training (CCT) – Wales, UK
- Member of The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland ( MRCPI ) – Dublin
- Clinical Fellow in Colposcopy – Whittington Hospital London
- Post Graduate ART – University of Warwick, UK
- PG Certificate in Leadership in Clinical Context – Brighton University UK
Dental advanced programmes:
- Member in Restorative Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh ( MRD RCS ), UK
Oncology advanced programmes:
- Fellowship in Breast Surgical Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and Rajiv Gandhi University in Health Science, Karnataka, India.
These fellowships are used for enhancing Clinical Skills, offered for mid-career medical staff.
Hence, if you are a physician/surgeon looking for enhanced skills in your field of expertise, so as to cater to changing patient needs, these research and training programs will definitely prove helpful. This is one path to add to your knowledge, evolved career path, being updated with latest trends of the respective specialty.
1. It also helps in getting placed at the centre of choice, because candidate with these fellowships / certifications are attractive over others considering specialized skillset, which some center prefer.
2. This helps them achieve better communication skills with patients as fellowship enables them to treat more patients with diverse backgrounds.
3. These also add distinguishing factor to your private practice, as competing centers in your area might not offer those services. You are seen as an innovator considering ever wanting need amongst patients for latest skills even in Tier II towns.
MedyPoint is a medical professional recruiting advisory firm.In conclusion, we aim at being the best solution for hiring doctors. For further details, you can call us at +91 9167692576 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.