Advantages of getting BMT in India
A Bone Marrow Transplant is a procedure to replace damaged bone marrow with healthy bone marrow stem cells. Bone Marrow Transplant treats cancers and diseases, such as Leukemia, Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma, Aplastic anemia, Congenital Neutropenia, Severe Immunodeficiency syndromes, Thalassemia and so on.
Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai is the first Centre in the country to initiate Bone Marrow Transplant in 1983. Since then there has been a continuous development in the no. of several such Institutes. Patients from Oman, Africa, Sri Lanka, Nigeria, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Middle East visit Indian BMT facilitated setups to get both Autologous and Allogeneic stem cell transplants. Some of the Indian cities having Hospitals facilitated with BMT Transplant are Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai
Indian Institutes with BMT facilities are attracting patients from different parts of the world due to
- Cheaper transplant cost, compare to western countries.
- Excellent qualification and reputation of Indian Oncologists.
- Connectivity of Major Indian Cities with the rest of the World.
- Revision of Visa Law is also helping.
- Hospitality of Indian medical assistance companies & Indian in general.
Also, if you are considering medical tourism, then a medical assistance company will help you in managing travel processes, lodging and accommodation for the family members, and local transportation.